Any of the following will disqualify an applicant from further consideration at any stage of the employment process:1. Making any false statement of facts, being deceptive by statement or omission in the application, Personal History Statement (PHS) or by any means in any part of the selection process.
2. Failing to cooperate fully with police personnel, failure to keep all scheduled appointments, or failure to provide the required documentation or information as requested.
3. Not have been within the last ten years, under court ordered community supervision or probation for any offense above the grade of a Class C misdemeanor.
4. Cannot have been convicted of any Class A or Class B misdemeanor within the last ten (10) years.
5. Cannot ever have been convicted, received deferred judgment, placed on court ordered probation or community supervision for any offense classified as a felony.
6. Cannot be currently under investigation or indictment for any criminal offense.
7. Cannot ever have been convicted of any offense involving family violence.
8. Cannot be prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle.
9. Cannot be prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.
10. Must not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable specifically;
a) under other than honorable conditions;
b) bad conduct;
c) dishonorable; or
d) any other characterization of service indicating bad behavior 11. Cannot have undesirable character or reputation.
12. Cannot have any visible tattoos, piercing or branding in any area that cannot be covered by the police uniform.
13. Cannot have excessive record of traffic convictions or negligent traffic collisions.
14. Cannot have used marihuana within the last five (5) years.
15. Cannot have used any other illegal drug or controlled substance other than marihuana in the last seven (7) years.
16. Cannot have ever used LSD, PCP, Ecstasy or any other derivative of Methamphetamine.
17. Extensive use of any illegal drug will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Factors considered are number of times, length of usage and lifestyle improvements.
18. Cannot have ever illegally engaged in the manufacture, production for sale, with or without profit, of any drug listed in the Texas Controlled Substance Act.
19. Cannot have had a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) license denied by final order or revoked, or have a voluntary surrender of license currently in effect.
20. Cannot have violated any TCOLE rule or provision of Occupation Code, Chapter 1701.