(1) The efficient administration of the city's affairs;
(2) Attend all meetings of the City Council;
(3)To assist the Mayor and City Secretary in the preparation of the Council agenda;
(4) Advise and assist in the formulation of administrative policies;
(5) Organize the employees of the city into various departments;
(6) Prepare and submit to the Mayor a preliminary budget;
(7) Duties as may be prescribed by ordinance, resolution or directed by the City Council.
The Office of City Administrator was created by ordinance as permitted by the Texas Local Government Code allowing governing bodies of Type A General Law Municipalities to create offices as deemed necessary.
The City Secretary position is also a vital part of the City Administration team. The duties of the City Secretary include; but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Attendance at every meeting of the City Council and shall keep accurate minutes of the proceedings;
(2) Enroll all motions, resolutions and ordinances of the city;
(3) Preserve all records of the city;
(4) Assure compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act;
(5) Other duties as required by the Mayor and City Council.
The Office of City Secretary was created by ordinance as permitted by the Texas Local Government Code allowing governing bodies of Type A General Law Municipalities to create offices as deemed necessary.